Quarantine's paintings

These days of quarantine and isolation at home made me re-discover activities that I had abandoned since many years. For example playing the piano, reading a good book or painting ... 
Well yes, picking up the brushes I started to try different painting techniques. 

I started with the watercolor, perhaps the most insidious technique, especially if you don't have the right paper, ending up wetting it too much and ruffling it all. But that didn't stop me from trying to paint on the first piece of paper found in the house! 

As the days passed, and rummaging through the old dusty things, I also found a couple of blank canvases. And it's time for acrylics ... I've started to mix colors on the palette and bring up the imagination for that blank canvas. Probably we are short of fantasy in this period of social estrangement ... in fact after a few attempts, I ended up drawing the beloved trulli. The imagination did not take me too far, I took the image of our trullo and reported it on the canvas. I admit that this painting took me several weeks and that perhaps, still today is not complete with details. Probably those details are missing because of this long in quarantine. 

I discovered something that I thought was banal ..... giving a sense of depth to the cones! Cones instead of being conical are flat! Well, I know this it makes you smile, but here you can see my limits. 


I had so much fun painting the trullo, the adjacent stone wall, the wooden  front door, the driveway, the olive trees, the lamia, the lamp .... but those cones .... did not give me to much satisfaction. I tried with lights and shadows, I tried to detail the stones more, I tried in every way to get them out of this canvas. Surely there is an hidden painter among you, please tell me what was missing in this passage! 😊

Comments

Popular Posts